The Mail app, which comes with Windows 8.1 and Windows RT 8.1, doesn’t support adding email accounts that use POP.
Your email account uses POP, here are some options:
- If you want to use the Mail app and keep your current account, contact us and ask to change your account to use IMAP. This change is especially useful if you want to get to your email in multiple ways (phone, personal PC, work PC, etc.), as those protocols do better than POP at keeping track of new, unread and deleted messages, and automatically saving your messages. As it requires a lot more storage on the server, we charge £60 a year extra.
- You can add your POP account to a Gmail account through Settings within Gmail
- You can send and receive email from POP accounts using Outlook which is free as part of Windows RT 8.1.
- You can use an Outlook.com account to send and receive email from another account(even one that uses POP). Then, add your Outlook.com account to the Mail app to read and send email from your POP account.
- Look for an app in the Windows Store that supports adding email accounts that use POP.